Assignment for Thursday 11/19 or Tuesday 11/24
- Create a page of HTML (30 pts)
Tutorial resource: http://miriamposner.com/dh101f15/index.php/build-a-webpage-from-scratch-with-html/
- Create a subdomain (name it anything you want, you can delete it when this assignment is done, or it can be the subdomain where the group final project lives – I don’t care) (20 pts)
Tutorial: login to http://tigerdomains.pacific.edu and start the following tutorial at step 3 http://docs.umwdtlt.org/umw-domains/setting-up-subdomains/
- Upload the file to your subdomain (20 pts)
Tutorial: see the tutorials on “Uploading files” and “File manager” here http://docs.umwdtlt.org/domains/ (click on the CPanel tab!!!!)
Make sure you upload your files to the correct directory!!! public_html and then whatever folder is the name of your subdomain.
- Make sure your page works by going to the link. Edit the file and upload the revised file if necessary.
- Post the link to your new HTML page to the assignment on Canvas (this is how I will see if you did the above steps).
Note: if you are having major difficulties, submit your HTML page to canvas, and I will give you some credit, and we can troubleshoot together after Thanksgiving.
Note: folks like Kyle and Ray who already know HTML: try to create a standalone stylesheet for your page using cascading style sheets