Here are some detailed instructions with screenshots in case you need more guidance on creating your Exhibits.
Each group has ONE Exhibit.
Each person in the group is responsible for a subtopic in his/her/their Exhibit. (One Page per person/subtopic is fine, though if you want to create more than one page per person, I won’t stop you.)
The details for the assignment are on the 15-omeka3-handout (sections 5-6). I promise the tech issues are easy — if you can write a post in WordPress, you can do this.
To create your Page, do the following:
- Go to http://perpetua-felicitas.carrieschroeder.org/admin and login. (You now have administrator privileges, so you can see and edit Exhibits and Pages. Please don’t delete other people’s content! Thanks!)
- Click on Exhibits on the left menu
- Find your group’s Exhibit and click Edit underneath (see below)
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Exhibit page and click on Add Page
- In the new window, you’ll see places to add a Title and a slug (the slug is what gets added to the URL so pick one word or maybe two separated by a hyphen, no spaces) (see below)
- You’ll also select a layout for content. (above) You probably want either the Gallery or the File with Text. (File with Text allows you to include more than one Item file — no worries). You CAN have more than one content block, so you can choose Gallery first, then File with Text next, or vice versa. If you are confused, just choose File with Text.
- Click “Add new content block” after you’ve selected the layout.
- Then you’ll see a window to add Items and type in text below. You can add more than one Item (just keep clicking Add Item). Give your item a good caption! For the narrative text: SEE THE HANDOUT on what to write.
- Add a second content block if you want. (Say, for example, you want to have just one image + text and then a Gallery below.)
- Don’t forget to save your changes! Often!
- To get back to this page: login > Exhibits > Edit [your exhibit] > scroll down to see your page and click on it (see below)